10 Google Ads Hacks for Market Domination
Are you getting the most out of your Google Ads? If you find that your ads aren’t working as well as you hoped, you may need some fine-tuning. These little-known hacks will help you up your conversion rates and more effectively target your marketing budget.
1. Discover the magic of negative keywords. You may have great keywords, but negative keywords can really work to your advantage, especially if your search terms can have two meanings. Take for instance “adoption.” If you are doing pet adoption, then your negative keywords would be something like -child or -baby.
2. Zero in on the profitable times and days. Monitoring is important. You need to run predefined reports on time to see the days and times that are most profitable and active – and which are money suckers. A local business can also do this for the geographic reports.
3. Make your ad content pop. This may seem basic, but so many marketers overlook the finer touches to content like adding some emotion or including statistics. Use ad extensions and compelling details to grab attention.
4. Study processes that are working. Do a little investigating and see what is working for your competitors. Knowing what keywords work for them and what strategies are effective can help you shape your campaign into something more effective.
5. Utilize remarketing strategies. Did you know that conversion usually doesn’t happen on a person’s first visit to a site? You may not have thought of remarketing, but you should. You can use it to draw back those abandoned carts or those who clicked on your ad earlier.
6. Fix the Display Network, so it’s more profitable for you. At first glance, Google’s Display Network seems great, but do you know where your ads are showing up? Turning your ads out into the wild is a bad idea. Do your homework and take a more targeted approach.
7. Pay attention to the details. Make your ad copy pop with little details that have a big impact such as capitalization and the RIGHT keywords. Go for key ad placement and test, test, test to find what works and what is just wasting your marketing dollars.
8. Create landing pages. Landing pages are essential for Google Ads. It gives your prospects a place to land and will guide them through the conversion path with more success than a generic page that speaks to nothing.
9. Create keyword ad groups with dedicated landing pages. You want to align your landing pages with specific ads for maximum effect. This makes every click more valuable and ups your quality score.
10. Don’t ignore mobile. This may seem like a no-brainer, but there are still many businesses that do not have a mobile-friendly website or landing pages. When you consider that more than 85% of Americans own a smartphone, it is just smart to make sure your content is mobile-friendly.
Are you looking for a digital marketing partner that will put YOUR bottom line first? RealTop Marketing has the solutions that will build up your bottom line without bottoming out your budget. Contact us today to find out how we can help you gain market dominance.
Best regards, Nik Tsoukales, CEO
Direct Line: 617-315-1138
Main Line: 800.676.8350