14 Ways to Avoid Creating Safe & Boring Content
To succeed online, you must be willing to have your company’s social media marketing stand out and never settle for safe or boring. Here are 14 ways you can accomplish that goal:
- Take a unique stand on a hot or trending topic. While you do not need to venture into controversial territory, writing something different from everyone else is the best way to attract a new audience.
- Rotate editorial planning duties among staff to come up with fresh ideas. Try to choose someone new each month who does not normally participate.
- Share what you have learned in the past few years as an individual and a business. This tip is especially relevant in light of COVID-19.
- Break the traditional blog writing rules once in a while. If you get tired of them, chances are good your customers do too.
- Hold a meeting to discuss what your target persona would find unique and then get someone to write about it. Surprises can turn out well, within reason.
- Write for people, not for search engines. Although keywords are important, the writing also needs to sound natural and relatable. Another thing you may want to try is to analyze your content strategy and keyword strategy at the same time to see how well they merge. Taking this step with social marketing can help you resonate better with your audience.
- Pay attention to how certain pieces of content performed in the past. If a blog post or eBook download had disappointing results, learn from your mistakes and avoid publishing the same type of content again.
- Occasionally devote social content to recent innovations in your industry. Providing this information keeps customers updated. It also makes it more likely they will buy from your company if and when it offers the innovation you discuss.
- Consider how your social media content will benefit others, not just your company. Doing your work with an attitude of service helps you be more authentic and can give you a greater sense of purpose.
- Take a chance and present content that is out of your field of expertise. See what other companies are doing with it and then offer your own unique spin. Changing things up once in a while helps to keep your audience interested.
- Save tidbits of information you can use for future publications. This could include anything from stories you see online to human interest stories in a magazine. While you might not use it for years, having a folder of ideas can help inspire ideas when you get stuck.
- Remember that great writing is necessary to tell your company’s story. There is no shame in hiring out if you do not have the skills yourself.
- Be flexible with evergreen content in case a relevant event comes up that can tie into it.
- Remember that it is never about you. You might be amazed at the results when you make your customer the hero of the story.
If this all sound overwhelming, remember that Realtop Digital Marketing Agency is here to help with your social media management. Please contact us to request a free consultation.
Best regards, Nik Tsoukales, CEO
Direct Line: 617-315-1138
Main Line: 800.676.8350